- 1-year research fellowship typically runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Full-time, 40-hour per week position. Fellows are expected to take a one-year leave of absence from medical school.
- One fellow accepted each year.
- Conduct clinical research; write and/or present publications.
- Salary and competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Rising 3rd and 4th year medical students from any institution are eligible.
Deadline to apply for the ‘20-‘21 fellowship is April 15, 2020. Interviews begin in late April.
Read full application process below.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: April 15, 2020
- Review: rolling basis, early application is favorable
- Eligibility: Rising MS3 or M4
- Position: Research Intern (Clinical Research Fellow)
- Where: University of Wisconsin Department of Dermatology
- Start: July 1, 2020
- Duration: 1 year
- Compensation: Salary and competitive benefits package
We are inviting rising M3 and M4 students to apply for a Clinical Research Fellowship in the Department of Dermatology.
This is an extremely competitive fellowship that is awarded to one (1) rising third or fourth-year medical student who has demonstrated a keen interest in dermatology and is a competitive candidate for dermatology residency.
This position is unique in that the medical student interacts with nationally-recognized dermatologists on a daily basis. Furthermore, this position is unique in that it is a clinical research fellowship, meaning that it provides the opportunity to be mentored in a clinical setting and to attend lectures with dermatology residents and faculty.
The Research Fellowship has a project pipeline, which can result in several published manuscripts, review papers, and conference posters/podium presentations at national conferences. The Research Fellow works directly with Dr. Margo Reeder and the Department of Dermatology Clinical Research Administrator on all matters. The Research Fellow will have two primary responsibilities: writing publications and conducting clinical research.
Responsibilities and daily activities include:
- Writing and submitting publications, including managing revisions and edits requested by Reviewers.
- Enrolling patients into prospective trials and following- up on active enrollees.
- Developing research hypotheses and performing literature reviews.
- Composing research protocols, drafting and submitting IRB proposals.
- Other IRB communications
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing clinical research data
Applicants are selected based on research experience and medical school performance, as well as enthusiasm and interest. The nature of the position makes excellent organizational and communication skills paramount.
The selected applicant typically begins beginning of July and works for 12 months.
- Organization, ability to multitask, persistence and motivation to implement the various components of a clinical study
- Experience in clinical research (preferred, but not necessary)
- Having access to a car (preferred for travel between locations)
- Excellent written and verbal communication (publications are a plus)
- Proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with statistical software is a plus
- Familiarity with REDCap software is a plus
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to multitask
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance many competing priorities and projects.
- Ability to gather and interpret moderately complex data
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020
Review: rolling basis, early application is favorable
Interested individuals should submit a short application consisting of:
- Personal Statement of Research and Interest in Dermatology
- Step1/Step 2 Scores (if available)
The application should be emailed to Clinical Research Administrator Heather Neils (email@example.com) with the subject line “Derm Research Fellowship—[Applicant’s Name]”.
Not carefully following the above instructions may result in removal from consideration
The first round of interviews will begin in the end of April 2020.
All questions should be directed to Clinical Research Administrator Heather Neils (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dermatology 2020-21 Fellow
Position title: Clinical Research Fellow
Hunter College, BA Biochemistry
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MS Physiology
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, MD Candidate Class 2022
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Jennifer Tran – University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, MD Candidate, Class of 2021
To Heal—Our Mission