Current Funding Opportunities
Our 2019 RFA has closed.
Please direct questions about the application or the Pilot and Feasibility Program to email@example.com.
Previously Funded Projects
About the Program
The goal of the Pilot and Feasibility Studies Program, led by Nihal Ahmad, PhD, is to serve as a platform to support explorations of innovative research ideas that will enhance skin biology and disease research activities at the UW SDRC. Dr. Ahmad has an established research program studying the molecular mechanisms and signal transduction pathways involved in the development and progression of cancer.
Projects supported will fall into the following focus areas:
- Improved diagnosis
- Improved treatment
- Identification of novel biomarkers for skin disease or disease progression
- Understanding of the disease process
- Advancing treatment of the disease
- Prevention of the disease
Requirements and Eligibility:
- Projects must be relevant to the overall research theme of the UW SDRC: skin disease projects focusing on cell death and differentiation.
- Projects must address fundamental issues with respect to skin biology, disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prevention or treatment.
- Projects are required to have the potential to develop into independent research projects.
- Projects must have the potential to generate feasibility data and be completed within 2 years.
- Applications must describe in detail how the requested funds will be used, what additional funds are available to support the work, and additional funding strategies that will be used to complete the work.