- 1-year research fellowship typically runs from July 1 to June 30.
- Full-time, 40-hour per week position. Fellows are expected to take a one-year leave of absence from medical school.
- One fellow accepted each year.
- Conduct clinical research; write and/or present publications.
- Salary and competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Rising 3rd and 4th year medical students from any institution are eligible.
Deadline to apply for the ‘21-‘22 fellowship is March 15, 2021. Interviews begin in late April.
Read full application process below.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: January 14, 2021
- Review: Rolling basis, early application is favorable
- Eligibility: Rising M3 or M4 students, or MD graduates
- Position: Research Intern (Clinical Research Fellow)
- Where: University of Wisconsin Department of Dermatology
- Start: July 1, 2022
- Duration: 1 year
- Compensation: Salary and competitive benefits package
We are inviting rising M3 or M4 students or MD graduates to apply for a one-year Clinical Research Fellowship in the Department of Dermatology.
This is an extremely competitive fellowship that is awarded to one or more rising third- or fourth-year medical student(s) or MD graduate(s) who has demonstrated a keen interest in dermatology and is a competitive candidate for dermatology residency.
This salaried, one-year position is designed to prepare individuals for a career in academic dermatology. The clinical research fellow(s) will interact with nationally recognized researchers and dermatologists daily. The clinical research fellow(s) will have a robust project pipeline, which may result in several published manuscripts, review papers, and conference posters/podium presentations at national conferences. Each research project provides the opportunity to be mentored in a clinical setting with access to our department’s deep experience in basic bench research. Clinical research fellow(s) will integrate with the clinical team, basic scientists, and research administration to participate in research and professional development.
We strongly encourage applications from students from populations historically underrepresented in medicine. The Department is committed to the diversification of our workforce and the development of an inclusive environment that supports the goals of all learners.
Responsibilities and daily activities include:
- Writing and submitting publications, including managing revisions and edits requested by Reviewers.
- Enrolling patients into prospective research trials and following- up on active
- Developing research hypotheses and performing literature
- Composing research protocols, drafting and submitting IRB
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing clinical research data
Applicants are selected based on research experience and medical school performance, as well as enthusiasm and interest. The nature of the position makes excellent organizational and communication skills paramount.
The selected applicant typically begins beginning of July and works for 12 months.
- Organization, ability to multitask, persistence and motivation to implement the various components of a clinical study
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a team environment and balance many competing priorities and projects
- Ability to gather and interpret moderately complex data
- Excellent written and verbal communication (publications are a plus)
- Proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in clinical research is a plus, but not necessary
- Having access to a car is a plus for travel between locations
- Familiarity with statistical software is a plus
- Familiarity with REDCap software is a plus
Application Deadline: January 14, 2022
Review: rolling basis, early application is favorable
Interested individuals should submit a short application consisting of:
- Personnel Statement of Research and Interest in Dermatology
- Step1/Step 2 Scores (if applicable and available)
All application materials should be uploaded to: https://redcap.ictr.wisc.edu/surveys/?s=RPMCHRRA74X4ACR4
Not carefully following the above instructions may result in removal from consideration
The first round of interviews will begin in the end of January 2022.
Finally, all questions should be directed to Heather Neils at email@example.com
Adobe .pdf file of this job posting HERE
To HealOur Mission